Technical Business AnalystApply now
Job no: 498779
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: VIC - Metro
Categories: Information Technology
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
- Be part of Australia’s fastest growing and largest consumer electronics retailing group - over 100 stores and 3,500 employees
- Generous employee discounts available across JB Hi-Fi and The Good Guys
At The Good Guys we‘re driven by our purpose to help families live better for less. Part of Australia’s largest and fastest growing electrical and appliance retailer, we have over 3,500 employees across our nationwide network of more than 100 stores and a support office based in Southbank, Melbourne.
Since 1952 we’ve been delighting customers and ‘doing good’, and today we build on that heritage while always focused on fulfilling our goal to be Australia’s strongest growing total home solutions electrical retailer.
- A flexible work environment / work from home
- Be part of a diverse, collaborative, and supportive team who are passionate about the work we do
- Growth mindset culture with a focus on individual skills and career development
We can offer you a role where you'll be challenged every day to make a difference in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. We can offer a competitive package, great employee discounts, and special offers across JB Hi-Fi and The Good Guys, paid maternity leave, novated leasing, and we’ll also match every dollar you donate in our Doing Good workplace giving program.
In this role you will play an essential part in the development and improvement of The Good Guys’ CRM system.
- Take ownership of work and responsibility for getting it done
- Develop a strong working understanding of The Good Guys business
- Work collaboratively within the team from inception to production, and inspire collaboration across teams and the wider business
- Run business analysis activities to:
- Understand the problem being solved
- Make sure we are solving the right problem
- Break the problem into logical parts and processes
- Understand the practical constraints
- Create the design taking account of the priority of the work and the trade-offs between quality and delivery for the context – making sure the “just enough” standard is being applied
- Ensure shared understanding of the work being undertaken
- Help prepare a stable pipeline of work for the team
- Work across teams to ensure a coherent approach
- Identify risks and issues as necessary and ensure they are raised
- Identify improvement opportunities
- Strong Business analyst skills to capture and document business requirements, ‘as is’ and ‘to be’ states, user stories and functional specification.
- General understanding of different software development methodologies
- Ability to read code at a level that enables understanding what it is doing in general terms
- Ability to identify, obtain, synthesise, and analyse data from a variety of sources to support decisions
- Proficient at visualising and presenting information to support shared understanding within the team, across Engineering and the wider business (e.g. user stories, flows, presentations)
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively to solve complex problems
- Skilled in working from a range of perspectives: high level system views down to the specific details for a task
- Able to move forward in situations where there isn’t time to perform adequate analysis
- 3+ years of commercial software experience
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity with us, please click apply and upload your CV. All applications are strictly confidential.
The Good Guys recognises the importance of diversity and appreciates that different perspectives encourage innovation and create value for our customers.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Apply nowRefer a friendBack to search results